Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Another Wonderful Shower :)

So you know how I always talk about how much I love my job? Well this weekend was extra special because I got to hang out with *almost* all my co-workers outside of a work setting... and even better, the setting included me getting showered with gifts! How could it get better than that!? 

That afternoon resulted in Luke's second ever baby shower. It was so fun. We all just spent time talking, laughing, eating, guessing what kind of candy bar was in the diapers, and opening gifts. All the girls were far too generous, and Little Buddy is going to be one cool lookin' dude. Thank you to all who came and who helped plan & prepare. Luke and I had a blast!





We are at the point now where it's just a waiting game. Little Guy could come any time, and we are ready. My due date is two weeks from today and I will be induced in 3 weeks (possibly minus a few days) if he doesn't come on his own. Crazy to think that in 3 weeks we will definitely have a baby in the house.

I made it through Luke's 24 hour business trip last week (which I was nervous about), thanks to my friend Julia who stayed the night and filled in for Luke while he was gone. She was prepared to hold my hand through labor, had I gone into delivery mode. Yay for good friends!--- and even more yay that she didn't have to go through that!

Now that all Luke's traveling is out of the way, we are pretty much going to be home bodies for the next few weeks. You may see us walking, though, as I sure am going to be doing a lot of that to help get this baby here soon!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - your little guy is going to be dressed to the nines! How neat that you have such amazing co-workers too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. New Follower :) I found your blog through Lauren & Spencer Baker. How exciting that your baby boy will be here soon. I was over your parents house yesterday for mutual and your dad told me how happy he is but how it is weird to see your baby girl be pregnant. hehe how cute!

    ReplyDelete