Monday, April 4, 2011

This weekend Luke and I went to Las Vegas to visit Luke's family and to watch General Conference. While there, I was slightly reprimanded for my lack of blogging. So here I am... blogging. The only problem is, I don't have much to say.
Our life is pretty consistent right now. Nothing's new- no big news or changes. We're just enjoying the hustle and bustle of our every day lives, which consist of work, church, and school (for me). Luke and I enjoyed a wholesome conversation last night as we drove home from Vegas about how we feel we're always looking forward to the next best thing, and putting all of our energy and efforts into that-- aka a vacation, or saving up for the day we can buy a house, or when we're finally ready to start a family-- and while those are great things to look forward to, we forget to appreciate the "now" stage. Our life is so great the way it is right now- just me and Luke- and although we're thrilled about the idea of growing old together and all the events that will happen in our future, we decided to look forward to the future with just as much enthusiasm as we have for our present stage.
So- while it's not anything exciting and new- I'm grateful to be a 21 year old ( almost 22) girl happily married to the 25 year old man that I get to live a simple every-day life with. And I'll proudly blog about it :) cheers.

On another note- I am working on having a change of heart. For any of you who would like to know the secret to a happy, selfless lifestyle, read the book Bonds That Make Us Free by C. Terry Warner. It's incredible. Of course having a change of heart and being truly selfless and seeing others' worth is not easy and doesn't come simply by reading this book, but it really does open your eyes to how you can become the kind-hearted person you want to be (if you do indeed want to be a kind-hearted person. I suppose some people might not....?) Anyways, if you're looking for an eye-opening book, this is a great one and I suggest you read it (all you 3 people who might possibly read my blog).

<3

5 comments:

  1. i am always on the hunt for new books, i'm glad you recommended this one. but i agree 100% with this post, i find myself wishing my rexburg time to be over and just move on with life but your so right its important to be just be happy with EVERY stage:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me and Nate have done that recently. Although we're excited to move to Vegas, we really do love out little apartment and how simple and happy our life is right now and we're appreciating every moment!

    And thanks for blogging. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was waiting for an update! Yes, you're better at being content than I am. Good work, you guys lead an awesome life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pick me, I want to read that book!
    That is something I have been working on awhile now- is enjoying and being present in the moment. It has literally changed my life and I have to continue to work on it... thanks for sharing and re-inspiring that point in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so funny but andy just was talking about that the other day.
    he always cant wait for the next best thing.. but really we're going to look back on NOW thinking "wow. those were the days"
    here's to today!
    and look at you.
    way more than 3 readers for sure. haha.
    glad to see you're alive.
    ps. i saw yo momma at the gym the other day.
    i wish it was YOU!

    ReplyDelete