Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Our First Bug Encounter

Welp... this morning I was getting ready for the day in the bathroom... putting on my makeup and beginning to straighten my hair... the usual. I was just looking around the room aimlessly when I happened upon these 2 black strands coming out of the bathtub drain. First I thought it had to have been a piece of hair that got wound around the drain plug. That thought lasted for about 1 second when I saw both strands moving. It was definitely alive. It was definitely a huge bug's antennas. So I did what any normal person would do. I grabbed my phone and got a safe distance away from the drain to where I could easily take a picture of the antennas but could also easily run away screaming without it jumping on me if it decided to come out of the drain. Since my hubby was currently not at home at the time, I had to have proof of the hugeness of this bug so he would understand my reasoning behind my screaming and running around the apt like a crazy lady when I told him the story later if the bug wasn't there when he got home.

My next step was simple. Close the bathroom door, hope it doesn't come out, and wait for Luke to come home to get rid of it. A few minutes later, curiosity got to me, and for some reason I just wanted to know if it was still there. Although I was completely disturbed, grossed out, and disgusted, I was somehow also intrigued by it. When I opened the door, it was still in the tub but this time wandering around it instead of confined in the drain like it was the first time I saw it. It looked like this:
Huge and nasty.
Next, I got a piece of tupperware, held it right above the bug (but about 4 feet higher), dropped it, and ran away screaming. Needless to say... I missed, and our little visitor began running around the tub frantically.

My next conclusion was this: close the door again, but this time stuff towels and placemats at the bottom of the door so there's absolutely no way he could get out. And this was exactly what Luke came home to.

Our story has a happy ending. Luke captured the bug with the tupperware piece that I had conveniently left in the tub after my previous attempt, and threw it outside. However, being as paranoid as I am, I periodically feel like I have bugs crawling all over me. I hate that feeling.

Anyways: exciting/ new news going on in our little Stephenson household:we're making a little visit to Vegas tomorrow. Here we come!

5 comments:

  1. VEGAS!!!!!!! Cool. I would have done the same thing as you! Close the door and scream my head off. That is gross.

    ReplyDelete
  2. perfect post! Just what I was looking for! :) I got a good laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ew sick! I hate bugs. I killed a spider by myself yesterday and I've never been so proud.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeeewww; I am not a buggy person!! Ick.

    Have fun in Vegas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha I was dying laughing while reading this. I'm BEYOND glad that I didn't encounter that thing while living there though! Gross.

    ReplyDelete