Saturday, June 27, 2009

Dancing Dreams

The other day I asked Luke what he would want to be if he could have any career in the world. He chose a professional basketball player. That's a worthy choice. I would be a singer.
preferably this one here:




Celine Dion. She's perfect. and beautiful. Anyone who knows me knows that I absolutely love to sing. It's probably my favorite thing to do.

However, what you probably don't know and what might take you by surprise is one of my other dreams. If I couldn't be a singer, I would be a ballerina.


I know... funny, right? Especially since I can't dance... at all. (My good friend Kara knows that. Sophomore year she and I took a hip-hop class together. Probably the biggest waste of money I've ever made my parents spend on me. I couldn't do a single move in that class. It was a beginners' course.)

But, despite my lack of ability, I love to pretend. Back at home, doing the dishes after dinner would take quite some time for our family because we'd have a selection of music blaring and we'd all be dancing in the kitchen. My attempted style of dance would most often be ballet.

Yesterday as I was walking home from work (I work in my apt complex) I had this sudden urge to dance. I knew that I had about an hour and a half before Luke finished work, so I figured that would give me enough time to go home and get my wiggles out before he came home and caught me dancing alone. So I instantly got into my dancing uniform which looks a little like this:




+











Leggings plus a nice long turtleneck shirt make for a great dance outfit. Next, I turned on my iPod speakers full blast, grabbed the mop and started dancing while mopping the floor. (Chores are always much more fun when dancing and singing.) I was have a grand ol' time dancing it up as I finished the kitchen floor and moved to the bathroom floor when I heard the front door open and shut. Either I was going to get kidnapped in .2 seconds or my hubby was home early. Luckily it was the latter. He was a little confused by my attire and the loud music, but understood completely when I told him I was having a personal dance party.

After getting all my dancing out, finishing the chores, and being excited about my man coming home early (and about the fact that I wasn't being kidnapped), Luke and I sat down to enjoy our favorite activity of late: WORSEARCHES! We love wordsearches. We bought a whole book of them the other day at Wal-Mart so we could do them together. Last night's wordsearch activity was a competition. I took a puzzle on the left page of the book and the right page was his. Whoever finished theirs first was the winner. I won.

Other things that we have enjoyed so far in the WEEK of our married life after the honeymoon are:
-making a make-shift couch by sitting on a love-seat with our legs stretched out and pulling the coffee table underneath them. Not the comfiest or softest form of luxury, but the best we could do when our friends stole our big couch.
-peeling the sunburn off of eachother's backs
-grocery shopping at Target with our many generously given gift cards
-seeing TRANSFORMERS at midnight the night it came out. I fell asleep on his lap half way through it because I was so tired. But the parts of the movie that i DID see were great!
-eating at Cheesecake factory... my fav.
-hardcore detailing our car: even took the seats out to vacuum up the disgusting french fries and collection of pens and coins the previous owner had stashed under the drivers' seat.
-etc, etc.

WE LOVE IT.

PS... I've discovered that spending 6 1/2 hours a day at work with absolutely no work to do leaves me a little bored. I have a feeling that this whole BLOG thing will keep me entertained for a while, so I'm sorry that I update like every second.

9 comments:

  1. I love reading these little updates. It reminds me of how we can enjoy the simplicities in life! You better believe I read every post, and will comment on every one! I'm with you... i don't have much to do these days either!Love you girl!
    - Hev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who stole your couch?? That's so sad. And I've witnessed the dance outfit in action many times...hilarious. I miss living with you :(

    Also, hardly anyone ever beats Luke in wordsearches, so I'm very proud of you.

    And I LOVE the I Surrender picture chosen to represent our idol. I hope the job is going well for you! Even though it's boring. I miss making money for doing nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok no one STOLE our couch...we somehow let Nate and Shannon lay on it when we watched a movie last night. haha.

    And yes..I purposely posted the pic of I Surrender because I love that song AND I LOVE that dress. I literally searched "Celine Dion in black dress" haha. I'm a dork.

    Yes, the job is extremely boring. But I like it. I get a lot done during the day, such as blog and FB and get paid for it.

    and lastly... I miss living you too. LOTS. love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is amazing. Sorry you're bored at work. But getting paid to blog and FB is pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jordan! I just found your blog! You are so cute! You look so happy! Congrats again!
    I love that you dance and blare music while cleaning! I do it too. Its the only way I get stuff done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh sure, blame the messy car on the previous owner... ;)

    I love your updates! Your posts are so much fun to read - clearly you can see that, since we're all blog-stalking you to see your latest update :D

    What do you do for your work? I'd love a job where I get paid to blog, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha oops. I wanted it to say, "Matt and Kim" but I'll figure it out later :)
    I love this. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete