Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Progress

Feeling something move and kick inside of you is such a magical feeling. I started feeling Baby move last Tuesday, and I've felt it every day since. I get so excited each time. It feels like a little tiny poke from inside my tummy. I know Baby must be super tiny in there, but it's amazing to know how much it's grown and how much it continues to grow on a weekly basis.  Each week feels like such an accomplishment as I read about all the changes that are happening in there each week! It's incredible to know that something I helped create is living inside of me, and soon I'll be able to meet him/her and shower it with love and kisses. 

This upcoming Monday is a big day! We will find out the gender at our ultrasound appointment on Monday at 6pm. I can't wait! I'm so excited to stop saying "it" or "him/her"!  I can't wait to start shopping for clothes and accessories, decorating the nursery. It's all so exciting. 

Other than a little spout of sickness the other night, I have felt fantastic lately. It's a shame to find that I can't eat one of my all time favorite foods-- pasta. I thought I left all that behind me in the first trimester but twice now I've gotten sick after eating pasta. Boo!

Still no cravings for me. I sleep like a champ, and would almost always rather be sleeping than doing anything else. Just kidding. But I am tired a lot. I have to run to the bathroom what seems like every 4 seconds. Even if I just went to the bathroom 1/2 hour ago, I magically have to go again. I suppose the fact that I'm drinking water like it's going out of style has something to do with that.  I haven't found that my eating habits have changed a whole lot. Most things that you're told to avoid during pregnancy I didn't eat too much of in the first place so it hasn't been too hard to adjust my eating habits. Except for the whole pasta thing, which makes me sad. Certain smells make me want to gag... I have to drive with the air circulating in the car instead of circulating in fresh air because I hate the smell of fast food. Also chicken grosses me out, but it kind of did before pregnancy too.

Anyways, I haven't posted very many pics so I thought I would document what I've got leading up to this point. I try to take one weekly but sometimes that doesn't happen. 



2 days after we found out

 in Hawaii. 4 weeks

also in Hawaii. 4 weeks


 Ultrasound at 6.5 weeks


 10 weeks

Nasty pic award! Almost 11 weeks

13 weeks

 14 weeks

 15 weeks

 16 weeks

 17 weeks

 18 weeks


 18 weeks



5 comments:

  1. Your house looks so cute. I love the stripe wall. And you look adorable. I'm totally jealous I never looked that awesome. So excited to hear what your having.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are posting pics, you look adorable and HOW exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh! I love it all! Ok, so I totally said on the phone that I never took pics every week, but I'm so glad you are because you can totally see the progress! Crazy, Jay! Lookin good! And your hair is so super duper long. I'm 80% sure I'm chopping mine off this week..

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a cute little tiny pregnant lady!!! So excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! I totally knew you were pregnant in Hawaii! Remember when I asked if there was anything new and exciting? I have this sixth sense haha I can always tell when someone is pregnant :)

    ReplyDelete