Friday, May 21, 2010


My dad and my Uncle came into town the other day to visit! Yesterday we had such a fun adventure. We went paddle boarding in San Clemente. Basically it's just a big surf board that you stay standing on and you move around with a paddle. I started off doing pretty well. I caught a wave or two... then the waves started getting bigger and I didn't stand a chance. I started falling at like every wave. We wished we had a fourth person with us who could take pictures while the 3 of us were out paddle boarding, but we didn't. So after about an hour, my hands started turning purple- the ultimate sign that I am freezing- so I came in and took a few pics of my dad and uncle. Unfortunately, they didn't turn out so well. Oh well.


We had a ton of fun. I'm glad they convinced me to try it.

Anyways... today Luke and I are getting out of town and going to Vegas! We're going to see this lovely lady perform in concert

Well, actually we (Luke and I) aren't. But my sister-in- laws and mother-in-law and I are all going! Yay! However, Luke and I are looking forward to doing a few fun things together while we're there. We hope to enjoy the pool and hot tub, play a few rounds of tennis with Luke's parents, and enjoy the company of FRIENDS and family. (We've realized that we really took for granted the fact that we had friends in Provo. Although we love being in California so far, we only have a few friends here, who we feel like won't be our friends for much longer if we keep bugging them the way we have been. JK) We're looking forward to a nice, relaxing, fun vacation. Luke deserves it after working SO hard for the past few weeks. I'm so so proud of him.

My brother should be receiving his mission call today. I'm kind of freaking out. I can't believe it's already time for him to go on a mission. Holy cow! But I know he'll do just great!

Our ONE YEAR anniversary is in THREE weeks! Geez Louise. This year sure did fly by. And I'm still in love with this handsome man.


Happy weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, the year mark is coming up! That was super quick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, would that be my dad paddling with you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. so fun! I'm jealous of the sunshine..

    and P.S. We miss you guys! Provo is not the same with out you.. But I know you will find friends more friends so soon :)

    loves!

    --Shelby

    ReplyDelete