Friday, December 10, 2010

Not gonna lie... Lately I have been missing this:

Christmas time in Utah. Christmas hasn't really felt like Christmas for a few years now... it's just not the same when you're all grown up. But somehow Christmas time still felt Christmasy the past 3 years I spent in Utah. I'm sure the crisp winter weather had a lot to do with that, and although that's all I ever complained about when I lived in Utah ( and I still wouldn't trade the SD weather for Utah's weather in a million years), it did have a way of making "it look a lot like Christmas". The snow, Christmas lights, late night runs to 7-11 for hot chocolate, and gingerbread house competition with friends definitely made the cold winter days bearable. This time of year makes me reminisce on the fun wintery things Utah has to offer. I'm actually excited to visit the good old state of Utah in a few weeks for New Years. Luckily, though, I only have to endure the freezing cold for a few days rather than the 8 months I used to have to go through. Yay!

On a side note- Did any one else think the latest Harry Potter movie was a major let down? Luke and I thought it was dumb- we were definitely not impressed.

2 comments:

  1. Um. Who are you!?? It was the best Harry Potter movie so far. Did you read that book?

    And maybe it will make you feel a little better to know that there has actually been no snow this winter. Just one little blizzard that melted in a few days. It hasn't been TOO cold either. I was actually hoping for a little more so that it felt like Christmas too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! It was about as good as half of movie. It ended and I thought - I can't really think of a memorable part, except for the weird one. But yes, pretty right on with the book.
    Anyway, we're missing UT too.
    Haven't talked to you in forever, but I love feeling like I do by reading your blog :)
    Miss you jordan!

    ReplyDelete