Sunday, March 28, 2010

My birthday is in less than a month! I'm super excited for it for a few reasons. One main reason is for the new birthday present Luke just tacked onto my wish-list of presents. I've been working on a list of just a few ideas of things for him to get me and this new and possibly the best one was just discovered today. A bug vacuum.

Lately we have found quite a few spiders in our apartment :( In most of the places I've lived, if there was ever a spider-encounter it was usually with a daddy long leg, which are gross but easy to kill because it's just a dot of a body with long legs. These spiders that we have here are much, much worse. The bodies are big and they're way wider than daddy long legs.

Since spring is around the corner we have found a lot of these unwelcome visitors exploring our apartment. One day we came across SIX within just about 2 hours. GROSS. Ever since that day I check everything for spiders. Every cupboard, every closet. I even check our bed every single night, because seriously that would be the worst thing if I woke up to a huge spider crawling on me. We hadn't seen any for about a week and a half.... until today. Luke was in the bathroom gellin' his hair and I walked out into the family room to find the biggest one yet crawling on the ceiling. Seriously it was enormous. Luke thought I was a cry baby until he came out to examine it himself and agreed that the body was huge. Now i"m back to my paranoid self and can't go anywhere in my apartment without checking everything for spiders first. I told Luke I wanted to go back to California where there weren't any nasty spiders, but then I remembered that last summer our apartment was infested with cockroaches. I can't decide which is worse. We just can't escape the bugs...

That's when we discovered that Walmart has a bug vacuum that sucks up the bugs and kills them with a chemical. Among other things, I sure hope that this is one of my b-day gifts. I can't live with these creepy, crawly things anymore!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you get your bug vacuum! You might also talk to your land lord about hiring a pest control company. 6 in 2 hours is a lot of spiders to find!! ew!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After I finished reading your post my back started itching and I got all freaked out about spiders in my house! We see them all the time too. I don't mind seeing them but I hate thinking that they're creeping around unknown in my bed or in our couch cushions... yuck! Good luck with the bug vacuum!

    ReplyDelete